Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thrifting

Tuesday I went thrifting with one of my friends. We decided to go to Goodwill. We had tried thrifting before but not really been in to it. Tuesday we hit the jackpot! Apparently our Goodwill buys from Fossil as well as accepting donations, so I walked away with an almost new dark brown crossbody bag with cute detailing, a mens wallet, a fuschia colored 2 piece suit and an elastic waistband floral print dress. My friend scored a faux leather jacket that fit her perfectly, a new wallet and a leopard dress.
We plan to DIY our dresses and my suit into things more fitted and modern. The suit jacket could easily be turned in to a fitted blazer once I get it tailored and switch out the buttons. The skirt I may shorten and add lining to it. Idk yet about my dress or my friend's, we're still coming up with ideas.
Enjoy the pictures!


I don't know why, but I like how simple this is. It was only $5!
My friend saw this and I practically snatched it out of her hand. I love the design on the front and the key accent.


Love love LOVE the color! It just needs to be doctored up. I can totally see myself throwing this over a high waist skirt, jeggings or skinny jeans. Or one of my black dresses.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with this? I'm thinking about cutting it up into either a top or shortening it, adjusting the sleeves and maybe changing the buttons. Who knows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your lovely comments and messages :)