Monday, April 1, 2013

Naturally Me

Hey lovelies!

I decided to do a post on my hair regimen. For anyone reading who is also natural, I may be able to help you narrow down some products you've been thinking about trying. I stick to the same hair care lines; Shea Moisture, Kinky Curly, Aubrey Organics, Darcy's Botanicals, and I use Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner as my rinse out/detangling conditioner.

In regards to hair texture and type, I have fine hair. I have a lot of it, but it's not thick. My hair stretches/straightens easily, especially when I put it in a bun, the Pineapple or braids. In regards to the typing system, I would say I have some 3b and mostly 3c hair. Very curly yet loose. Currently, my hair when stretched is a little past bra strap length. I haven't straightened my hair since 2011, and that didn't last very long lol. I don't use heavy products that much in regards to leave-ins, stylers or moisturizers because they weigh my hair down. The smoothie from Shea Moisture is the heaviest product, and even with that I don't use a lot.

Typically, this is what I use/do:
Deep Treatment- Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Shampoo- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
Conditioner- Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner
*Put cold Aloe Vera Gel on my hair before LI or right after I put my LI/styler in*
Leave-In- (whatever I'm currently using)
Styler- (if necessary, usually either Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie or Kinky Curly Curling Custard)
Sealers- Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Argan Oil or Grapeseed Oil

This is the order in which I do things. Yes I deep condition before I shampoo and YES it's great! Since I use all natural, organic items for my leave-ins/stylers/moisturizers, it's perfectly fine to do this. Pretty much enhances what they already do. I wash my hair once a week, and try to co-wash (conditioner used to cleanse hair) once or twice a week. I cut out split ends and single strand knots when I see them. I only professionally trim my hair once a year.

I recently colored my hair from Shea Moisture's line (Bright Auburn color). I had a few pieces come out wavier, and my ends need more attention than before but all in all I'm very happy with the application process and color. I plan to do a touch up later this month, and then decide whether or not to keep it or color it jet black.

If anyone wants a review on a certain product, I'd be more than happy to make one or send you an email about it. Just let me know in the comments section. If you have any tips or products you love that you want to share, let me know as well. Hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your lovely comments and messages :)