Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wearing White After Labor Day

Yep I did it.

In case you haven't noticed, I don't follow fashion rules. I do what I want. Seriously. So when a cold front blew in to town, I definitely wanted to break out my favorite brown boots for the day. They've been through a LOT with me in the span of a year!

I purchased this dress from ASOS Curve in the early summer and wore it to work where I received many compliments. Seeing as how 1.) It's a creamy white color and 2.) It has horizontal stripes, I'd say I struck gold with this purchase. I wound up buying an ASOS Maternity** dress with a similar vibe, only it's navy blue with bright yellow stripes and a gold zipper in the back.

**I AM NOT PREGNANT, I AM NOT PREGNANT, NO I'M NOT PREGNANT.** (I just liked the colors used in the dress and decided to give it a go. You can't even tell it's made for someone with child.)

I paired it with my trusty knit open vest from New York and Co., ruched leggings from Torrid and my fave boots. Since I wear an identification lanyard at work, I decided no necklace and instead wore 2 bracelets and my gunmetal watch from NY and Co. My hair is growing like weeds, compare these pics to the ones from this time last year. Crazy!

Anyone else breaking fashion rules left and right? I know I'll continue to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your lovely comments and messages :)